Heanney.com (“we”, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with content, our products, services and us.
- the kind of information which we may collect about you, how we collect it and how we use it
- how we may disclose that information
- how you can access the information we hold about you
- when we may use your information to contact you
- the protection of your personal information
This policy applies only to Heanney. It does not apply to any other company or organisation, including those whose digital services have links to Heanney’s content or services. Third parties that have links to Heanney content or services will have their own privacy policies that will govern the use of personal information they collect. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties. .
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will collect personal information about you:
- Because you have provided it to us, for instance if you contact us to make connect, or to ask us questions, or you have interacted with one of our digital services (including online and mobile services), for instance by participating in forums, polls or competitions;
- Because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for instance, if you subscribe to an email list or enter a competition, or purchase products from us;
- For purposes directly related to any of the above
2.2 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION WHEN YOU USE A DIGITAL SERVICE (INCLUDING ONLINE AND MOBILE SERVICES)
Broadly, there are three types of information or data we collect:
- Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself when you are filling in a form or when you sign up to a service. This type of information may include your name, email address and age. The information that you give us may be:
- Personal information that is required. In some instances, you must provide personal information if you wish to use a particular service or participate in an activity. For example, your age may be required if we need to confirm that you are old enough to use a particular service.
- Permissions. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
DATA WE COLLECT THAT TRACKS YOUR ACTIVITY
We may automatically gather information to monitor the use of our services (including online and mobile services), like the numbers and frequency of visitors to our websites.
This information helps us improve our services by learning what our customers use and don’t use. It can also help us identify if there are any problems with our services that need fixing.
This data is usually collected using ‘cookies’. See below for more information about “cookies” and the information we may collect using them.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 DISCLOSURE BY US OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, other than to third parties;
- Who we engage to provide us with services;
- For the purposes of promoting to you services we provide that may be of interest to you;
- For the purposes of providing technical support to you;
- As permitted or required by law; or
- Consented to by you.
WE MAY ALSO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- To our related companies;
- To our professional advisors;
- To law enforcement authorities, if we suspect that an unlawful act is being committed or that such disclosure will prevent that unlawful act.
3.2 INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE PUBLICLY
When using digital services (including online and mobile services), we suggest that you use your discretion and exercise caution when providing your personal information. For instance, if you “share” information that you have posted on a Heanney’s website using a social media tool, it is likely that you will be sharing your personal information. Please note that we have a limited capacity to protect personal information that you choose to share and you are solely responsible for sharing such personal information.
3.3 INFORMATION THAT IS DISCLOSED VIA OTHER PLATFORMS OR SERVICES
Some of our services may be integrated with external services, including social media networks. This may mean that information about you (for instance about your interests and activities) is tracked or pulled from other places (such as Facebook). If you use any of our services that are integrated with social media tools, this information may be available to others depending on the privacy settings you have in place on other platforms.
Your ability to opt-out of a third party tool or platform will depend on the conditions governing your agreement with that third party.
4. ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to know what personal information we hold about you. You are also entitled to update or correct your personal information. If you would like to contact us in relation to your personal information, please do so by email to
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use to provide you with the services we provide.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we may use your personal information to:
Send you information about our services or other services our related companies provide or any changes or upgrades that we make to those services (including by way of e-marketing, SMS marketing, mail-outs and other forms of advertising and marketing);
To provide you with any other information or services you request that we provide; and
To answer queries or resolve complaints.
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At the same time, we are committed to providing innovative and interactive experiences, and to being available to audiences on multiple platforms. Some of those platforms are not operated or controlled by us, and our ability to protect your personal information is limited.
Accordingly, we encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using third party digital services (such as social media platforms).
We may use “cookies” with our digital services. A “cookie” is a small data file placed on your machine or device, which lets our digital service store information. This information allows us to make our digital services easier to use and more relevant.
Credit card information is never stored in a cookie.
Any “cookies” we use will be for the purpose of gathering aggregated information regarding visitor use of our services.
7.1 CONTROLLING AND DELETING COOKIES
Popular browsers will usually give users a level of control over cookies.
You can set your browsers to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. You can also set your browser to prompt you each time a cookie is offered.
7.2 THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We may use suppliers who set cookies on our digital services on our behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing.
For example, if we embed photos or video content from third parties such as YouTube, those third parties may have set cookies relating to that content. If you then “share” that content, another third party cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. We do not control these cookies, and we do not block cookies set by third parties in these ways.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]